Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 Days until Christmas!

Time is just going by faster and faster. I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner and 2011 is right behind.

Where does time go?

 First off, I have been accepted to Clearwater Christian College. Wooohooo! It's very exciting and at the same time completely terrifying. Does that make any sense? I am almost finished with half of my senior year. That is just crazy and a little bit sad. On the bright side, I treated myself to an early Christmas present and bought a new best friend. (A Nikon D300) I have been drooling over this camera for a couple years and I am so excited to finally have one. This means I have been spending a lot of time taking pictures recently. It's been great.

With Christmas coming up there is a lot of festivities going on. Tonight at youth group is our annual Christmas party. It's kind of sad to think that this will be my last Christmas party in youth group. A girl in my small group said to me the other day, "I can't believe you're graduating. I can't picture youth group without you." Well good. Because I can't picture me without youth group. It will be a hard transition but I hope to one day be involved in youth ministry and invest in young people's lives just as so many leaders have done for me and the other students in my youth group. This Saturday, the girl's Sunday School class is hosting a ladies brunch. The goal is for our girls class to connect and build relationships with different ladies in our church. I know my mom has put a lot of hard work into this event and us girls are excited about it.

I have started the countdown and it is 103 days until I am 18. Woot! (Not that I'm excited or anything)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
I am so thankful for the peace of God. I don't have to worry about tomorrow, or the next day, or the next day. God gives me a peace when I do not understand the things going on around me. And the best part, God wants to hear about it! God wants to hear my requests, my confusion, my excitement. And then he gives me a peace about all of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment