Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm A Big Kid Now!

I have been a college girl for about a week and a half now. It still feels weird to say that. I don't feel any different or act any different or see things differently. But at the same time everything is different.

I am not a little kid anymore who needs my hand to be held (even though sometimes I desperately want it). I am having to learn how to manage my time in order to get all my reading and homework done. I am adjusting to not seeing my family everyday. I am missing my sweet youth group and church family. So a lot of things are different and a lot of stuff is changing.

I am the kind of person who likes consistency. Too much change too fast makes me nervous and uncomfortable. I am the kind of person who enjoys the people who answer on the first ring because they are always there for you. I enjoy knowing exact plans and exactly how something is going to take place.

But let's be real, that is not reality.

But there is one thing that never changes.

My God.

In an inconsistent world with roller coaster emotions and constant change, God is constant. He loves me the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He is continually calling my name, wanting me to draw near to Him. He knows my plans for tomorrow, and He has known them all along!

Psalm 26:3- "For your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in your faithfulness."

Even when change comes, inconsistency surprises me, emotions scare me, and plans turn out unexpectedly, I will walk in His faithfulness. I will turn to His love; His perfect lover that never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment