Sunday, October 21, 2012

Here Lately

The past couple of weeks have been busy in the very best way. I am so thankful for the people in my life.

Last weekend I took my baby brother's senior pictures. There is just no way that he is a senior. I am so proud of the man he has turned into. He is funny, creative, and sensitive. I love his heart for God and passion for others. His plan is to attend Clearwater next fall and do something with missions. Here is a few of my favorite pictures.



Later that day I was able to spend time with 2 girls in Southside's student ministry. I have been been teaching the girl's Sunday School class and loving every minute. Youth ministry is hard. These girls ask tough questions. They wear me out. And on some days it is hard to get into it. But it is so worth it. There is such a hunger for the Word and I am blessed to have a front row seat of it all. I love spending time with all of them and building relationships. And what better way to do that than through hair and makeup!




This past week was also our missions conference at church. It is one of my favorite things of the whole year at church. In fact it was during our missions conference 2 years ago that God began working on my heart and eventually led me to China. This year was different though. I kept telling my mom, "I'm just not getting into it this year." I can make a list of excuses about all the other stuff going on in my life but the fact of the matter is I wasn't focusing on Christ. I am so thankful that His grace is sufficient and He can get my attention and make me aware of my faults while at the same time reminding me I was chosen by Him and He loves me enough to die for me. I fail. Everyday. But His love NEVER fails.

Yesterday we had a shower to celebrate Jaelynn coming home so soon! I am so thankful for everyone who came. Friends, you have been such an encouragement while on this journey. Thank you for loving us and Jaelynn.


We are just waiting on travel approval and then little miss sassy is coming HOME!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment