Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Best Weekend Ever?

I definitely think it's up there.

On Friday and Saturday, the girls headed to Lakeland for The Revolve Tour. I can't believe this was my fifth time going to one of these conferences. But for all the other girls in the class, it was their first time, which made it a lot of fun. The music was amazing (Yay for Britt Nicole, Group 1 Crew and Hawk Nelson) the dramas were thought provoking, and the speakers had some incredible messages to share (Yay for Jenna Lucado, Chad Eastham and Jamie Grace) The theme of the conference was "Dream On". It is always a joy to hear about God's plan and dream for your life that is so much bigger than we could ever dream of by ourselves. I know I learned a lot and I am pretty sure the other girls took some stuff in as well.

It is pretty safe to say that the definite highlight of the weekend was when we got to meet Chad Eastham and Daniel Biro. My mom won a drawing for us to meet them backstage. It was sooo cool! The guys just sat and talked with us for a while and then we got to take pictures. We'll just say it was one of those experiences that will be talked about for a long time.

(Chad telling us to fake laugh, because it makes the best pictures. It worked)


(Daniel Biro from Hawk Nelson. I was a very very happy girl)


(Of course, Jenna Lucado, my favorite speaker, and so encouraging when you go to meet her)

On Sunday I was given the opportunity to share with my church family about my missions trip to China. I was overwhelmed by people's response of hugs and promises of prayer. God is once again showing me His dream for my life as he continues to provide for this trip. 87 days until I'm China bound!

Oh! and 5 days until adulthood and vacation. Just sayin', I'm a little bit excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment