Thursday, March 10, 2011

China!

At 3:08 PM on Monday, March 7th, I received the email that changed my life. "On behalf of Show Hope I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted for the new June 17-26, 2011 Student Show Hope Trip to China!"

I applied for this trip about 5 months ago after feeling God put a deep call on my heart to care for the orphans. 2 weeks ago I received an email about a new trip opening up because so many students had applied (I originally applied for August) and was asked if I would be willing to go in June. My answer was immediately "yes". And now here I am, accepted for this new trip.

Words cannot explain how excited I am to have been given this opportunity. I am looking forward to holding, loving, and showing hope to the precious orphans in China.

Already, I feel things are getting crazy as I am begining to prepare for this trip. Passport, prayer cards, support letters and fundraiser ideas, all this has been going on in my head the past couple of days. I'm reminded that God is in control of it all, and He will provide and work everything out.

Keep checking back as I post more details about this trip!

Maria's Big House of Hope.

3 comments:

  1. We are so proud of you. You will do an awesome job of showing love and hope to those children. God has already worked this out for you to go, you just need to listen and do as he says. Post your fundraising plans and we will help you as we can. I can tell from your blog that you have grown into a mature Christian with the heart helping others. We will pray for you and your upcoming adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete