Monday, October 25, 2010

Let's catch up

I feel like I have been neglecting my blog. Shame on me. Well let me catch up a little bit.

The biggest thing I have had on my heart recently is missions. Through a book I recently read (Jenna Lucado's newest- must read) and our missions conference at church, I really feel like God is opening my eyes to missions in a whole new way. I even started looking into short-term mission trips for the summer of 2011. One that keeps grabbing at my heart is a 2 week trip with Show Hope to China. During the trip the team members stay at Maria's Big House of Hope and take care and love on all the kids staying there. I don't know all the details of this trip yet, but I am seriously praying about it. If the dates are to work out and financially I was able to go, I would love to spend 2 weeks of  my summer in China.

God is reminding me time and time again that missions does not just happen on the other side of the world. It starts right here at home. We have are very own mission field right in front of us. That is a definite challenge to reach people.

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation" -Mark 16:15
Are you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment