Monday, November 1, 2010

November!

I don't know how it can be November already! Absolutely crazy, but totally exciting! November and December are my favorite months. I love the smell of food on thanksgiving day. I love the sound of Christmas music playing on the radio. I love the feel of the cool winter air outside. I love the taste of pumpkin pie and hot chocolate. And I love seeing all the smiling faces this time of year.

This season is full of a lot of fun, but often times a lot of distractions as well. This year I am making a promise to keep my priorities straight. As I head into thanksgiving and spending time with family then all the commotion of Christmas, I want to remember to be giving thanks to the God who gave everything to me in the first place and remember the power of the manger that held Jesus, the man who would die for me.

It may seem a little early to be talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas, but if you haven't heard yet, it's November 1st already. Time is going to fly by in the blink of in eye! And this year, I am going to keep my eyes fixed on Christ the whole time.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment