Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am second

First off, I want to say Happy Birthday to my wonderful mommy. She turned 40 today! I am so thankful for my mom and all her love, encouragement, and support. God really blessed me with an excellent mother and example of christian character in my life.

Recently I stumbled across a really cool website. Its called I Am Second. On this site are a bunch of videos of people talking about their life and things they have gone through, but at the end of every video they say "I am second". They say this because they have realized God is first. God has done something in their lfe and they realize it is not abot them and they have decided to put God first.

What a cool concept! We live in a society that is constantly telling us it is all about you an what you want to to. The world has become a very selfish and self absorbed place. I know I need a reminder that it is not about me. I need to humble myself and relize God is first. How are others supposed to see Christ through me if I have the selfish idea in my head that I am above God?

It needs to be a daily decision to put God first. We need to wake up in the morning and give it all to God, realizing it is never about us, it can never be about us.

I am Kate, and I am second.

No comments:

Post a Comment