Monday, August 30, 2010

Hope and a Future.

Jeremiah 29:11-
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This is my favorite verse. There is such a comfort and peace in knowing God knows all my plans. He has an awesome future planned for me.

In recent days, this verse has taken on a new meaning for me too. It is for my youth group. After 8 years of awesome ministry, our amazing youth pastor is resigning. I am praying for Pastor Chuck and Emily as they move to Michigan and begin a new ministry as youth pastor there. I know they will have a great impact on lives at this new church, just as they have impacted so many of us in Southside Student Ministry. I am so grateful for the leader and example PC has been in my life personally. He continually poured love into students lives and always pointed us closer to Christ. Pastor Chuck and Emily will be greatly missed.

As I look into the future for our youth group it can be scary. But then I remember Jeremiah 29:11. God has a plan for Southside Student Ministry and it is so far beyond our wildest dreams. This next year will be a challenge, but an exciting challenge. It will be a lot of fun to see what God has in store for this youth group and the lives of the students. We are looking forward to new opportunities to grow this year. I believe that God has something special planned, and I am praying we see Southside explode with love for Jesus Christ and we can reach people in our community. One thing is for sure, God has an amazing future for us!

Please be praying for Southside Student Ministry during this transition time. Looking forward to a spectacular year!

No comments:

Post a Comment