Friday, August 13, 2010

One last chance.

My senior year of high school begins in just a little over a week. Crazy? Yes. I have no idea where the time has gone. Suddenly I feel as if life is coming at me too fast. At this point in time I am not sure what I want to do after high school and I don't have very many plans. Sometimes that can be a little overwhelming. But God is constantly showing me that He is in control and if I live my life for Him, He has better plans than I could ever imagine for myself. Which makes me ask myself one question: Am I living my life for the King of Kings?

I think about how fast the previous years of high school have gone by and I am reminded that this year will only go by faster. Before I know it, I will be saying goodbye. So I have one last chance to make and impact. This year will be the year that I make a difference in the halls of Sebring High School. God has poured out His love and mercy and I give very little in return. He loved us so much that he sent His son to die an awful death for us. And how do I show my love in back? In all honesty I do very little.

So this year is going to be a change. I am going to put God first. After graduation, the next time I see some of my peers may be in heaven. And sadly, a lot of them will not be there. I want to show God's love in EVERYTHING I do. Kids are going to notice, and kids are going to ask questions. And when they ask, I will gladly point them to the cross. The mighty cross where Jesus took my sin away. The mighty cross where I can find rest. The mighty cross where I am given eternal life.

It is going to be worth it. God promises that living a life for Him, will be. So I'm giving Him control. I am letting go and choosing to follow His ways and not my own.

Till the race is finished and the work is done, I'll walk by faith and not by sight.

3 comments:

  1. WOW,
    Katie A, I found several sermon ideas in your blog post! May God use you in a unique way this year. I am proud of you!
    -Your fellow blogger and lover of office supplies
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl! Good for you! You have a great heavenly perspective. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I will be praying for you!
    - Kristi Jackson

    ReplyDelete